General Terms and Conditions
- All parts sold by GMS Spares Pty Ltd are under parts only warranty, unless specified.
- Used mechanical parts which are used in personal vehicles are covered for a default period of three (3) months or 10,000km whichever occurs first.
- Used mechanical parts which are used in commercial/business vehicles are covered for a default period of one (1) month.
Extended or labour warranties are available on request and will be specified on invoice.
- GMS Spares Pty Ltd is unable to offer any warranty on electrical items, turbo chargers, super chargers and torque converters.
- GMS Spares Pty Ltd will supply free of charge all components required to rectify any authorised claims, and reserves the right to supply used components. Labour charges will not be met unless prior arrangements have been made with GMS Spares Pty Ltd.
- GMS Spares Pty Ltd will not be responsible for consequential loss including; car hire, accommodation, damage, loss of income, additional costs/down time due to failure of the part sold or delays with part delivery.
- Warranty is non-transferable.
- Goods returned within seven (7) days as incorrectly ordered or not required will incur a 20% restocking fee. Goods returns after seven (7) days are not eligible for a refund. Postage costs will not be refunded. GMS Spares Pty Ltd cannot accept returns on specially ordered parts or cut body sections.
- Holding deposits on parts are non-refundable after 24hrs. Parts can be held for a maximum of two (2) weeks, unless otherwise specified in writing.
- Warranty or returns are void if parts are dismantled or tampered with. Items returned or claimed under warranty must be complete, as sold.
- You are responsible for loss or damage in transit of your purchase or for a purchase returned under warranty. This includes if GMS Spares Pty Ltd sources a broker on your behalf.
- Returned parts must be accompanied with an official invoice.
- You must check the laws within the state you are repairing/registering your vehicle in using the supplied parts as every state has different laws and we are unable to advise you regarding your situation. GMS Spares Pty Ltd does not guarantee registration.
- To pay the invoiced amount completely. Until full payment has been received, the items remain property of GMS Spares Pty Ltd.
- Ascertain the correct manufacture date, make, model and body type for which your purchase is made. If an item of a specific type is required; you must provide this information and check once the parts are supplied.
- Body panels are inspected by you and you acknowledge that you are buying the part, as is and relying on your own judgement. Such parts will only be exchanged if we have sold the incorrect part.
- Your purchase must be fitted by a qualified, licensed tradesperson.
- Correct oils and lubricants must be used and kept at correct levels.
- Misuse or abuse of parts supplied by GMS Spares Pty Ltd may void your warranty.
- Engine timing must be checked before the engine is started. If the timing is found to be incorrect you must advise GMS Spares immediately. With our approval timing can then be corrected.
To Protect Your Warranty
- Service your radiator.
- Renew fan belts, hoses, thermostat and radiator cap.
- Renew all air, oil and fuel filters.
- All oil seals, timing belts, water pump, diesel injection pump, injectors and manifolds should be checked and changed where necessary prior to fitment as they are not covered under warranty, nor damage resulting from their failure.
- The use of aftermarket performance type items on your vehicle may void your warranty. This includes the use of turbos, BOV, boost controllers, exhausts, management systems, etc – anything that alters factory specifications.
- Accessories if fitted to a part supplied by GMS Spares Pty Ltd, such as manifolds, flywheel, clutch, carburettors, fuel pump, water pump, diesel injection pump and injectors, etc are supplied for your convenience only. You may replace them with your own if you wish as they are not covered by our warranty, nor damage resulting from their failure.
- Parts not supplied by GMS Spares Pty Ltd, such as manifolds, flywheel, clutch, carburettors, fuel pump, water pump, diesel injection pump and injectors, etc but used in conjunction with GMS Spares Pty Ltd supplied parts are not covered by our warranty, nor damage resulting from their failure.
- In the fitment of transmissions, transmission computers must be reset if required.
- In the fitment of transmissions, ensure all cooling lines and oil coolers are flushed and cleaned prior to filling with oil.
- Warranty on transmissions, gearboxes and differentials do not cover broken gears or burnt clutches. Seals should also be replaced as they are a perishable item and not covered under warranty.
- Heat tabs must not be altered or tampered with.
Claim Under Warranty
- In the event of any preliminary signs of malfunction it is your responsibility to cease operation and to report the problem to GMS Spares Pty Ltd. Failure to comply with this condition may result in more serious consequential damage and void any warranty entitlement.
- Ring and advise us of your problem immediately.
- If requested the part/vehicle must be returned to GMS Spares Pty Ltd or to a business of our choosing for inspection/repair.
- Freight must be prepaid by you or we will not accept delivery, unless prior arrangements are made.
- Quote your invoice number.
The above is a statement of the warranty policy of GMS Spares Pty Ltd and is not intended to invalidate any rights you may have under appropriate State or Federal legislation.